have pwb launch secondary window for paybills website

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

knelson
Observer
Observer

have pwb launch secondary window for paybills website

Post by knelson »

We are going to BiblioCommons (BC) for our new web catalog. I have already copied and renamed the current pwb folder we are using for Sirsi\Dynix's iBistro, and I'm using that pwb.ini file for setting up the opac for BC.

In iBistro when someone was logged into their patron account, and then wanted to pay his bills he would click the pay bills button. A secondary window would launch (not maximized but user could maximize/minimize & exit that window & it had same buttons on toolbar). He would then input his credit card information on this 3rd party site, and then could exit after the transaction. I would have expected BC to work the same since I didn't change any settings with [SecondWindow] (and the 3rd party site for paying bills is the same). In BC the user is able to hit pay bills and get to the site he needs but it opens in the same window. If he decides he doesn't want to pay his bill then he can use the back button to get away from that site (Back button wasn't enabled in pwb for iBistro since one *had* to use the Goback button in that web catalog). If he decides he wants to pay his bills he can do that but after transaction is completed he MUST hit the HOME button to get back to the main web catalog (where he is still logged in). The 3rd party site for bill payment has secured their site so you can't finish a transaction and then keep hitting the back button to get back where you started & thus why I want to enable 2 windows to be able to be shown on the screen....

We will go "live" with BC very soon so any suggestions of what I'm missing to make this functional will be very much appreciated! Thanks, in advance, for your assistance! :lol:

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

When using Internet Explorer does the link in BiblioCommons to pay bills open a new window, or does it navigate in the same window?

--Scott