For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

johnhibbert
Participant
Participant

PWB launches Internet Explorer

Post by johnhibbert »

Hi all,
I set up a computer with PWB (v.2.10) for a readers' club. When I click on the button to open book reviews, PWB opens the daughter window in Internet Explorer. Since there are several pages to the reviews, the "next" button yields a javascript page that cannot load (in IE).
Why would PWB be opening IE in the first place? Is there a workaround? This page works well with other browsers (For example, when I run it in Firefox, IE doesn't open when I click on the Reviews button.).

TIA
- john

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This is not designed behavior in PWB. What is the URL address of the site that is exhibiting the issue?

--Scott

johnhibbert
Participant
Participant

Post by johnhibbert »

I set up an account on the LPL Summer Reader Club for troubleshooting purposes.
If you go to https://ny.evanced.info//liverpool/sr/homepage.asp? you can log on a "*******" where the password is "********".

Once you are in your account, click on the View All Reviews button. This is the point at which Internet Explorer opens, in a window with no address bar nor navigation tools. When you click to get further pages by number or "next," IE opens a window with address bar and all navigational tools.

The user can then surf to wherever he wants as long as he remembers to okay the inactivity notice every minute or so. During busy times, some of our patrons would not hesitate to do so.

Thanks,
- john

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thank you. We will check into it.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

When you click on the "View All Reviews" button, what code is being called inside the web page?

You may also want to take a look at Chrome Moly.

--Scott

johnhibbert
Participant
Participant

Post by johnhibbert »

The source for the button says:
<input>.
This is not our site, and I cannot say I fully understand what script is being pulled up, or why it's launching an IE window.

BTW I was trying Chrome Moly, and it looks like it has potential, but I can't figure out how to put it into kiosk mode. I have to admit I am not familiar with Google Chrome. Too bad Moly.ini doesn't have the same variables in the same order as PWB does; it'd make it easier for me (who is more familiar with PWB) to toss it out into the public.

johnhibbert
Participant
Participant

Post by johnhibbert »

Sorry, the input information got lost in translation. Here is the string that the button activates:

(bracket)input id="button" name="btnAllReview" type="button" value="View All Reviews" onclick="javascript:viewReviews(10,3);"(bracket)

Also (answering my own question), I put -kiosk in the command line and it does open Moly in kiosk mode. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an inactivity timer in Moly; our users often walk away without logging off. PWB is still my first choice and best bet, if not for this little bug.