For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

anythinkLibraryIT
Observer
Observer

PWB - Page can not be displayed

Post by anythinkLibraryIT »

Hello,

We have our computers autologin as a specific user, in the users startup folder I have placed a shortcut to PWB.exe so the program will start as soon as the computer logs on.

The problem is that I cant figure out how to make PWB retry the connection to the website so it doesnt show page can not be displayed, I tried enabling the group policy to wait for network but that didnt work. How can I make it so it will keep trying to display the page.

If I let it log on and the program starts, shows that the page can not be displayed and then click home after a few seconds then the page comes up, I dont want user interaction here.

Thank you.

anythinkLibraryIT
Observer
Observer

After reading through some other posts I thought I should include system specfic information.

These computers are windows xp with latestest updates and PWB, thats it.

WinXP SP3
IE8
Flash v10.0.45.2

I tried to download the newest beta version of PWB (PWBv2110.zip) and still have the same problem.

anythinkLibraryIT
Observer
Observer

I did some searches on google and found a post from 2006 on these forums, I tried the program checknet and that is all we needed, thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can also try disabling Fast Logon Optimization in Windows.

https://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/f ... ?f=1&t=491

--Scott

vhewitt
Observer
Observer

Setting PWB to start automatically on log-in

Post by vhewitt »

We also have our public computers set to log on to a specific user account automatically. We use a different method to get PWB to start automatically, though, so I thought I'd share it. Here's the Windows XP setting we use to get PWB to start automatically at log on:

Run gpedit.msc
Then open - User configuration
- Administrative Templates
- System
- Log on
Run these programs at user log on
select Enabled
Show
Add
Enter the path for PWB.exe (for ex: C:\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2.exe)

PWB is set to reboot at the end of the timed session, so this automates the whole process. It ensures PWB starts at the beginning of the user's session and it controls the length of that users' session, regardless of what program they chose to use.

Ginny
Ginny Hewitt
Brooks Free Library
739 Main St.
Harwich, MA 02645
http://www.brooksfreelibrary.org
vhewitt@clamsnet.org