Activity timer exit...does not exit

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

GusCalderon
Participant
Participant

Activity timer exit...does not exit

Post by GusCalderon »

I'm setting a browser for a database computer that will automatically shut itself down and restart every 60 minutes. I go to the ACTIVITY timer and set it to true, and under ActivityAction, I set it to EXIT. However, the browser does not exit when the timer is done. The time whittles down to 0:01, and then it stops counting and does not exit. This is happening with an older version of PWB as well as the brand new version I just downloaded.

Why don't I user RESTART instead of EXIT? Because I'm counting on AutoRestart to start the browser up again (I have it installed in case the browser crashes, it should bring it up again). So, if I use RESTART, as soon as the browser closes, a second instance of the browser spawns.

And why am I having it exit every 60 minutes? Because it's the only way that this browser erases all the data from the 'back' button, which stores all the places the previous person has been, which is not very secure.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The exit seems to work, please send a copy of your INI file to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com and we can take a look at your configuration.

We use the Inactivity timer along with the clear cache on close, restart on close, and the PWB Close as a Shellbar button to give each new patron a fresh browser.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You should ensure the following is set it your INI file.

[Browser]
DisableExit=False

This will allow PWB to exit via the activity timer.

--Scott

GusCalderon
Participant
Participant

Post by GusCalderon »

AAAAh!!! What a difference one little setting makes. Thank you very much. :)