Enable / Disable All Popup-Button?

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Enable / Disable All Popup-Button?

Post by AnthonyM »

95% of the time IEs default pop-up blocking is fine, but every so often I get a complaint about a form, usually school or gov, that doesn't work. I could add each one to an allow list, but I'd rather give the patrons a way to instantly help themselves. Is it possible to add a button to the tool bar to turn on and off all pop-up blocking? Thanks.

Anthony

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

When the pop is blocked via the IE popup blocker a bar appears along the top edge of the window. Clicking on this allows for popups on the web site.

You can also hold down Ctrl and Alt keys to override the IE popup blocker.

--Scott

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Post by AnthonyM »

Thank you for your reply. I should have been more clear. Patrons get the bar, and clicking it does allow them to enable popups. It may sound silly, but many users don't read the whole message. They seem to get stuck at "Pop-up blocked." What I probably should have said is "provide the patrons with a blatantly obvious way to help themselves".

Basically I saw PWB had a lot of great features related to pop-ups and was curious if something was already built into it that I was missing. Right now I keep the toolbar pretty empty, so I thought adding a bight button labeled Pop-Ups might help. If it exists, great. If not, no big deal.

The problem is you've spoiled us with features. I've gotten used to PWB having everything customization imaginable already built in. :D

Thanks for your time.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We could incorporate disabling the IE pop-up blocker into the PWB "popup" button, but if the user does not pay attention to the IE Security Bar, would they pay attention to the PWB Popup button?

--Scott

AnthonyM
Provider
Provider

Post by AnthonyM »

What can I say, I'm an optimist ;-)