PWBDisableWindowsGUI pathing problem?

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

shane
Observer
Observer

PWBDisableWindowsGUI pathing problem?

Post by shane »

I'm hardening my PWB set up on some of my public workstations. I want to remove ALT and CTRL key functions and if I understand properly the PWBDisableWindowsGUI should be able to lock out those keys.

I believe I've set it up properly, but I'm getting the following error whenever I launch the environment to test the changes:

Code: Select all

The Add-on, PWBDisableWindowsGUI=C:\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\PWBDisableWindowsGUI.dll, was not found. Please notify the system Administrator.
My PWB.INI portion is as follows:

Code: Select all

[Addons]
PWBDisableWindowsGUI=C:\Program Files\TeamSoftware Solutions\Public Web Browser v2\PWBDisableWindowsGUI.dll
Can I assume that this is failing for me because I have "spaces" in my "path"? I didn't notice any notes about this in a cursory glance. Even the path example shows spaces in your example path in the .txt file.

For the fun of it I dropped it in a directory named: C:\temp and I didn't get the error. So this is leading me to think "spaces" in the path?

Is there a way around this? I left my PWB install on the default path and I'd rather not have to change the install path on all of the machines.

Hopefully it's something retarded I'm not seeing.

Thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The path should work with spaces. Are you sure the DLL is located where the path is pointing?

What version of PWB are you using?

You may want to look at the HideGUI application. This is a standalone application with more features then the PWBDisableWindowsGUI add-on.

Did you know, PWB does not need to be install like a tradition Windows application. It is completely self contained and can be move freely without troubles, even to the network or another computer without installing. The only paths you need to change are in the INI file and the Shortcut, batch file, or Registry location that starts PWB.

--Scott