DisableWindowsGUI doesn't unhide taskbar/start button

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

caustic386
Participant
Participant

DisableWindowsGUI doesn't unhide taskbar/start button

Post by caustic386 »

DisableWindowsGUI works great, but when we use the proper Exitbrowser password we have configured, our start button/taskbar doesn't reappear. Am I missing something?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

HideGUI and PWB are each a discrete application and do not work together at the password level.

When you exit PWB you will also need to exit HideGUI.

The best practice we have found is to use a batch from to start both PWB and HideGUI from the Windows Registry based on user name. This way you can have PWB log off the computer and log on as the "unlocked" user to do maintenance.

See this post for more information:
http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/ph ... .php?t=536

--Scott

caustic386
Participant
Participant

Post by caustic386 »

I didn't realize HideGUI and DisableWindowsGUI are different modules. Is there a way to overrride DisableWindowsGUI with a password? We try to stay away from the registry whenever possible, as I'm the only one here with that kind of technical knowledge.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Sorry, I meant that HideGUI offers more flexability then DisableWindowsGUI. When you exit PWB with DisableWindowsGUI the UI should show, unless you have used one of the following settings.

[General]
CloseTaskTray=True
CloseStartButton=True

If you used either of these settings, the object is close and not hidden. The only way to show it is to either close the "Explorer.exe" process and restart it, or log off and back on.

--Scott