PWB no exit button

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

caustic386
Participant
Participant

PWB no exit button

Post by caustic386 »

I can't seem to figure out which option I'm missing that will show the user an option to close PWB.

I have it set to restart on close, the idea is to clear the cache/history if the user so desires. My PWB.INI doesn't seem to have anything missing - can someone recommend the settings that I can double check?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Do you have the following set?

[Browser]
DisableCloseButton=False

If you want to show a close button on the Toolbar, enable the Shellbar, and copy a Shortcut to PWB Stop (available on our Download page) into the Shellbar folder.

[Browser]
ShowShellBar=True

[Files]
ShellbarFolder=C:\Path to folder\Shellbar

--Scott

caustic386
Participant
Participant

Post by caustic386 »

Scott wrote:Do you have the following set?

[Browser]
DisableCloseButton=False

If you want to show a close button on the Toolbar, enable the Shellbar, and copy a Shortcut to PWB Stop (available on our Download page) into the Shellbar folder.

[Browser]
ShowShellBar=True

[Files]
ShellbarFolder=C:\Path to folder\Shellbar

--Scott
Thanks for the quick reply - I do have DisableCloseButton=False in the PWB.INI. The ShellBar button will work on some of my stations, but not all unfortunately. Any other recommendations?

I am using the DisableWindowsGUI, DisableTaskSwitching, and DisableStartMenu plugins, if that makes any difference?

caustic386
Participant
Participant

Post by caustic386 »

I actually did get PWBStop to work out for us, the only trouble I'm having with it would be thefact that it always brings up the "Unknown Publisher" dialog, and even when I uncheck "always ask before running this file", the dialog still returns. Is this a setting that has to be made in IE? I tried running the file outside any browser, thinking that might clear the error, but no such luck.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

caustic386
Participant
Participant

Post by caustic386 »

Scott wrote:This may be of some help.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/ph ... +publisher

--Scott
Unfortunately the only one of those options that works for me is adding .exe to my Incluusion List for Low File Types, in Local Policy. That seems like a big security risk.

I think the other options aren't happening because the EXE is running locally, and I can't figure out what IE8 will accept in the Intranet Security -> Advanced for local files/dierctories.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The "Unknown Publisher" is more of a Windows security issue then a PWB issue, although PWB is not digitally signed.

What version of Windows are you running?

--Scott

caustic386
Participant
Participant

Post by caustic386 »

Scott wrote:The "Unknown Publisher" is more of a Windows security issue then a PWB issue, although PWB is not digitally signed.

What version of Windows are you running?

--Scott
XP SP3, IE8

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

caustic386
Participant
Participant

Post by caustic386 »

No luck on any of that either, unfortunately. I'll just stick with the "not such a good idea" fix. The machines are locked down pretty well, I don't expect much trouble. Thanks for your input!