PWB 2.1.0.8 and Cold Fusion

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

northbayteky
Provider
Provider

PWB 2.1.0.8 and Cold Fusion

Post by northbayteky »

We just upgraded our kiosk computers to this version and now the link on our home page to launch a search in library the catalog opens a blank page.

I read the PWB filters thread, and that whole concept escapes me. It might apply to this situation, but I'm just not sure how/where to edit the ini file.

The links on our website that go straight into the catalog or your library account still work. It just seems to be the cold fusion script.

help?

TIA :-)

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Did the web page work in an older version of PWB?

What is the URL of your catalog, and what are the steps to recreate the issue?

--Scott

northbayteky
Provider
Provider

Post by northbayteky »

Yes, it was working just yesterday. :-)

Our homepage is www.solanolibrary.com

Our webmaster gave me the code, and I've been reading some about:Blank. I'm just not a programmer person so I'm unsure of how to proceed, but I think that's probably what I'll need to do. Let me know if you want to see the code that drives the search box.

From our web page, it's the "Search For" field.

Thanks Scott

edit: Forgot to add steps to recreate:

Type in anything in the "Search For" field and make sure the drop-down is on "Library Catalog." This links to http://solanolibrary.com/search/search.cfm

If you click on the Advanced Search link, the catalog opens, as it should.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Using a stock INI file, navigating to the indicated URL, putting "test" in the search box and clicking search opens a pop-up window to a new page, same as IE.

This means there is a setting in your INI file that is causing the issue. Normally this is the PWB filters not allowing access to something.

The PWB configuration file (INI) is normally a file called PWB.INI in the same folder as the PWB.EXE executable file, unless there is a command line switch (/INI=) on the command line that starts PWB.

Locate the INI file either in the same folder as the PWB.EXE file, or by looking in the location specified by the command line switch.

First setermine if it is a filter issue or a general INI issue by disabling the filters by setting the following in your INI file.

[Security]
CheckURLAccess=False
CheckIPAccess=False

If this clears up the problem then you will need to adjust your filter files.

The filters are pretty simple. The first line, not counting the commented lines preceeded by a semi colon, should set the type of filter.

+all or -all

The lines following this either allow a URL, or portion of the URL, or deny the URL or portion of the URL.

+URL
-URL

When PWB find a match it either allows the URL or denies access to the URL.

--Scott

northbayteky
Provider
Provider

Post by northbayteky »

I think our ini file is already set that way. Here's a C&P from the ini file:

CheckURLAccess=False
CheckIPAccess=False

The filters you speak of, is that also from the Security section? This?
ShowFilterStatus=False
FilterOnText=<Filter>
FilterOffText=<Filter>

Should I set that URL as allowed?

I think the version of ini file we are using is from 2.1.0.0. Is there a later version I should be using?

northbayteky
Provider
Provider

Post by northbayteky »

Here's some new information. I thought the web page looked different, so I went out to one in the library, I made note of some of the minor differences and performed a search. I always use harry potter because I know it will return something.

Once I got the blank page, I clicked on File>Print Preview and the results displayed in the print preview pane.

:o

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Please send a copy of your INI file as an attachment to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com

If you change the title in the INI file, does the title of PWB on the title basr change?

[Browser]
Title=Test Title

--Scott

northbayteky
Provider
Provider

Post by northbayteky »

Ini file is sent, you should have it.

I tested the Title=Title Test and it does change.

I ran another test, while I was logged in as admin, and I could see the actual URL of the serach results in the title bar, as well as Title Test. But the page is still blank.

It seems that PWB is rendering the code from the search button literally:
<form style="display: inline;" target="_blank" action="http://solanolibrary.com/search/search.cfm" method="post"

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Trying it using your INI file yeilds the following.

Is it possible to post a screen shot?

Are you using the PWB shellbar? You have it disabled on the main window but enabled on secondary windows. If the folder specified in the [Files]ShellbarFolder= setting in the INI file is empty, the shellbar may be filling the full window with an empty toolbar.

Try setting the following.

[SecondWindow]
ShowShellBar=False

--Scott

northbayteky
Provider
Provider

Post by northbayteky »

That did it!

Thanks so much for your help. You're awesome. :-)