For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

rmmartel
Participant
Participant

problem closing child windows with javascript

Post by rmmartel »

Greetings,

I am using version 2.1.0.5 of PWB. Searching around the forums I was able to find answers to two of my three problems with pop-up windows for our student registration system. But was not able to find help with closing them.

The system puts a "close" button within each window which uses either "javascript:windows.parent.close" or "javascript:self.close" but the button does not work. The users can close the window by clicking on the "X" in the window frame - but I know some will not think to do that when the button labeled "Close Window" does not work.

I figure I'm missing something in the PWB config file, but have not figured out what.

Thank you.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Are you using the PWB URL or IP filters?

For the URL filter, you need to add "+JavaScript" to the URL filter file.

You can not use JavaScript if you are using an exclusive (-all) IP filter.

--Scott

rmmartel
Participant
Participant

Post by rmmartel »

Just checked my ip.txt and url.txt files.

I have "+JavaScript" and "+About:Blank" in my url.txt file.

I do not have "-All" in ip.txt.

The application seems to be working fine with the exception of being unable to use the application's "Close Window" button.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Try using an unedited INI file and see if the problem persists. This will rule out any configuration issues.

Is the URL available on the Internet? If it is please send a copy of your INI file as an attachment and the steps to recreate the problem to support@teamsoftwaresolutions.com.

--Scott