New Window Causes PWB Crash

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

adriennepellegrino
Observer
Observer

New Window Causes PWB Crash

Post by adriennepellegrino »

While navigating to a new window to open a tiff file through javascript window.open with a long URL the PWB application crashes.

I am currently experiencing this problem with version 2.10.6 and have downloaded verion 2.10.7 without changing any INI parameters and receive the same result. This problem does not occur using PWB version 2.05 revision 2.

In version 2.10.7 I ran an additional test changing the OpenInParentWindow=True and when navigation to the page is done the following message appears: There is an error in converting pdf.

I cannot provide a link for testing this data due to secure access.

Is there some setting that is necessary in the newer versions of PWB to view tiff to pdf?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You do not experience the problem on the same computer logged as the same user when using PWB v2.05 vs PWB v2.10?

To rule out a configation issue, try using a stock unedited INI file.

What is the error message you are getting?

Unfortunately without a sample URL it will be difficult to diagnose the issue.

--Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Is it the long URL or viewing the PDF or TIFF in an special way that causes the issue?

Is it possible to simulate the issue on an accessible web server, or perhaps a code snippet we could test that causes the issue?

--Scott

adriennepellegrino
Observer
Observer

Post by adriennepellegrino »

You do not experience the problem on the same computer logged as the same user when using PWB v2.05 vs PWB v2.10?
Yes. I tested using on the same computer logged as the same user when using PWB v2.05 vs PWB v2.10.
To rule out a configation issue, try using a stock unedited INI file.
I did this testing using v.2.1.0.7 and received the same results (error and application crashes).
What is the error message you are getting?
Public Web Browser (March 24, 2009) has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Error signature:
AppName: pwb.exe AppVer: 2.1.0.6
ModName: pwb.exe ModVer: 2.1.0.6
Offset: 00058b5a
Is it the long URL or viewing the PDF or TIFF in an special way that causes the issue?
I read the forum about long URLs causing problems and that v2.1.0.7 fixed this issue which is why I tested using v.2.1.0.7. I do not know if my particular problem is from the long URL (URL is about 100 characters long) or viewing PDF/TIFF in a special way. The website that I am accessing is not from within my agency. It is a secure access website that my agency has been granted permission to use. Therefore I do not know the code, do not have access to get the code, nor do I know by what means the display is being generated. :(
Is it possible to simulate the issue on an accessible web server, or perhaps a code snippet we could test that causes the issue?
I have not been able to simulate the issue on any public web servers only the secure access webserver and only when clicking on a link that pulls up a scanned document image to display. I have tested on other websites that also display scanned web documents and they display without a problem.

Thank you for any help you can provide.