Error Saving Webpage

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

Jaysun
Provider
Provider

Error Saving Webpage

Post by Jaysun »

This error happens to me on both 2.09 ash 2.10. It seems to happen on any website and happens no matter if I am logged into the computer as an admin or as a user.

When I click on the "Save" button in the toolbar, choose a valid place to save the webpage, and click Save, I get an error titled "Error Saving Webpage" stating "The webpage could not be saved."

If I change the "Save as type" from "Web Archive, single file (*.mht)" to "Webpage, complete (*.htm, *.html)" the web page saves successfully.

Thanks!
Jason Weinstein
Application Support Technicain
Eugene Public Library
Eugene, OR

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

PWB simply sends the save request onto the underlying Internet Explorer.

Does the current user have write access to the place you are saving to?

Using Internet Explorer logged onto the computer as the same user, are you able to save web pages to the location?

--Scott

Jaysun
Provider
Provider

Post by Jaysun »

I tried in IE7 and got the same error. Seems to happen on any site, even simple ones without css or linking to other sites.

Found one reference via Google that saving mht files won't work if Outlook Express isn't installed...and yes, on our public computers I have removed as much of Outlook Express as possible, so maybe I broke mht files.

Oh well, I used an AutoHotKey script to look for Save Webpage dialogs, and if one pops up to change the Save as type to "Webpage, complete (*.htm, *.html). That'll take care of the problem for now...

Thanks!
Jason Weinstein
Application Support Technicain
Eugene Public Library
Eugene, OR