A reprodusable problem with Word/Excel and PWB? Maybe?

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

GusCalderon
Participant
Participant

A reprodusable problem with Word/Excel and PWB? Maybe?

Post by GusCalderon »

Ok, this is a strange one, and I've been able to reproduce it on 3 machines with similar setups. These machines are word processing stations only, and in order for the IE to be blocked, I've giving it a proxy of 1.2.3.4, but I don't think that's the issue. This is what happens:

1. Created a PWB browser opened with autostart, full screen, with the address bar removed. In the shellbar, I added word processing icons so that the application can start (word, excel, powerpoint). Hide GUI is enabled to hide task bar icons and start button, but not taskbar buttons.

2. Open up Word by clicking on the icon in the shellbar.

3. Stick a floppy in the computer.

4. Save the file to floppy.

As soon as you save the file to the floppy, Word crashes with no further message.

The funny thing is, it doesn't crash if it saves to a USB port, but it does crash if it saves to a floppy. Now, how do I know it's a PWB problem? I quit PWB, opened word FROM THE SAME SHORTCUT THAT LIES IN THE SHELLBAR, repeated the experiment and there was no crash. Something in PWB is crashing Office!!

If you want me to send you the PWB.ini configuration I'm using, I'll be glad to do so. I can even take a video of it happening! :)

GusCalderon
Participant
Participant

Post by GusCalderon »

Found the culprit!!!! And it's not PWB. Sorry about that. :oops:

It's actually AutoRestart that's doing it, though I don't know why. I removed the PWB shortcut from the AutoRestart folder. AutoRestart was still being loaded from the run key, but it was loading only itself, not PWB. So, I ran Word, tried to save to a floppy, and CRASH. :) I quit AutoRestart, tried it again, and it worked! :lol:

No, I don't get it either. :)

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

AutoRestart is starting PWB, and PWB is starting Word? Or is AutoRestart starting word as well as PWB?

--Scott