For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

PWB crashes at www.proveit.com

Post by spragers »

Hello,

We have a patron who is trying to take a test at www.proveit.com - after they type in their session ID and click the "Go!" button, we get the "PWB MFC has caused an error..." screen and PWB dies. I brought the site up in Firefox, looks like it uses Java (also, the HTML doesn't validate). Works fine in IE7 (at least, when I put in a random session ID and click the button, it doesn't crash).

Any ideas?

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

What version of PWB are you using?

I tested the site with PWB v2.04.4, v2.09.4, v2.10.0, and v2.10.1, with a random ID and it does not crash using a stock INI file.

--Scott

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

Looks like we're still using 2.07 R 3 on our public computers, I should probably get things updated...

I tried it myself, as soon as I click the "Go!" button, PWB crashes. Doesn't happen on my test computer with the most current version, so I'll try to get things updated soon.

We're in the process of determining whether or not to add FireFox to our public computers, so my involvement with PWB as of late has been limited.

Thanks!

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

Well, it's wasn't all PWB, looks like there was a Java issue as well. After updating PWB on a public computer, proveit.com still caused PWB to crash. I launched it in IE7, and that froze with a window that said "upgrading java applet cache." I tried it again in IE7 and it worked, then went back to PWB and that worked, too. My guess is that IE7 has some Java related problems (gee, what were the odds?) but I'm curious to hear another interpretation :-)

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Sounds like some kind of fluke with IE7 after upgrading. Of course if IE does not work on a site PWB is not going to work.

--Scott