2nd window

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

2nd window

Post by Guest »

Hi, has anyone else seen this situation before? You are working on one window then open up another window. In the first window you click on a link and then you go to the second window to wait for the first window to finish loading. After the first window loads, the first window comes to the top of the desktop and blocks the second and you have to click on the second window to get back to it. I think it doesn't do this in the regular IE.

Post by Guest »

It doesn't happen all the time, but I've seen it quite a lot. I've never bothered investigating, but maybe the pages which push in front are using SetFocus() when they load??

GregP
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by GregP »

Oops, that was me BTW, wasn't logged in...

And yes, it happens quite often in regular IE too.

Bruce Campbell
Spectator
Spectator

Missing second windows

Post by Bruce Campbell »

We've seen this happening in cafe setups - It's bad because in some cases the second window is the login screen for email access, but it's hidden and unavailable behind the first window. We actually cannot deploy anymore PWB stations until we can figure this out.

spragers
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by spragers »

See the posts about Syndetics windows - I believe Scott said it has something to do with Window timing, and even though Syndetics has said they will be changing their format, Scott is still working on a fix for the timing / focus problem.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

The child window losing focus is confirmed by design from Microsoft when hosting the web browser control. We are working on getting it fixed.

The focus, ReszieTo, and MoveTo, are what we are concentrating on, and should hopefully have them fixed before we release PWB v2.05.

--Scott
Last edited by Scott on Tue May 17, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We are pleased to announce we have a fix for the PWB problem with focus.

http://www.teamsoftwaresolutions.com/beta/PWBv207r3.zip

Please feel free to test it and let me know if it works for your site. If we do not find any bugs in this version we will be officially releasing by May 30, 2005.

Thank you for your patients.

--Scott