thats great thing

For general issues related to PWB v2.

Moderators: Tyler, Scott, PWB v2 Moderator

imaginative
Spectator
Spectator

thats great thing

Post by imaginative »

e are moving to Bibliocommons as our catalog and I am wondering how we can continue to lock down the catalog terminals. Currently we use the url file to limit where patrons can go but with Bibliocommons it would appear that the file would be massive and require hourly updating. Appreciate any insights that can be provided. Mark Bayles, Chapel Hill Public Library

_______________________________________________________________________________________

We provide fast success in testking dumps exam and by using our Tabor College high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success
Last edited by imaginative on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: thats great thing

Post by Scott »

Use PWB v3 CEF which has the following setting.

[Security] CheckURLMainFrameOnly=False CEF Only. Filters only check top level frame.

--Scott

marthawalters
Observer
Observer

Post by marthawalters »

We just launched both the Bibliocommons catalog and website and the website in particular is throwing up the pop-ups indicating the URL.txt file doesn't have certain urls listed in that file ("this station is for catalog and database searches only"), but then once you close that pop-up you can continue using the website, which is http://paloalto.bibliocms.com. The catalog is http://paloalto.bibliocommons.com and that page doesn't seem to cause the pop-ups. My url.txt file has both urls listed. My impression is that some embedded content in the page is causing that pop-up but no matter what additional urls I put in (including instagram.com - because of widget getting pulled in dynamically from the bottom right corner of the page), I still get the pop-ups. Any ideas? We are using the 3.05CEF version.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Use the history file to determine what the URL filter is blocking.

[Security]
WriteHistoryFile=True
TrackURL=True
LogAccess=True

Then you can adjust your filter file accordingly.

--Scott